Thursday, May 21, 2009

BlizzCon

This post is 3 days old now. After a long but productive weekend of gardening work, I emerge richer by $202.50 and a strained upper back muscle. I guess I wasn't putting enough good energy into the universe... silly me. :P

Begin retroactive post

---------------------------

What with the shallow and rocky strait that is my bank account right now, I had no plans of buying tickets to Blizzcon. Being of a naturally curious temperament though, I decided to see how expensive tickets were when the y went on sale this past Sat. I checked at about noon. They were already sold out. That seems a bit nutty.

WoW: though I've not played in a good week, I am slowly trying to get the 5000g for epic flight training. Yes, Yes, I know. How does a lvl 80 not have epic flight yet? Leatherworking... that's how. I've spent way too much on buying leather in the AH to level a profession which I've eventually come to the decision is a waste. It's cheaper to just buy mats and have another LW do the work for me than to invest in all the Frozen Orbs I'd need to get to 440.

Diablo II: MV ans I played DII last night. Righteous! We leveled about 3 levels, getting close to lvl 50. We are currently working through Act II on Nightmare difficulty. Only really remarkable drop was a Shael rune, which I'm saving for a bow runeword. All I need is a Ko, buteven then I'll have a choice between two runewords to work on: melody or harmony. Here's a link to a handy runeword tool. Anyway, there's no point in agonizing over this until I actually find a Ko, by which time it will probably irrelevant, as Diablo III will be out.

On that note, let me just say, I can't wait. There are millions awaiting the Starcraft release, there are as many awaiting the chance to raid Arthas, but I am most excited about Diablo III. I am actually waiting until close to release date to build myself a new computer. This will have been the first time I've built a computer for myself before (note the groovy Future Perfect there, peeps). I'll have more disposable income by then (for more, read any). No sense in doing anything until system reqs. are released anyway.

Currently listening to: On the Rise from Dr. Horrible. There are some good songs in there...

No comments:

Post a Comment